Solved

Hyper-V configuration

• 20 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Installation of Hyper-V cluster in commvault. Agent Virtual server installed on the commserver and on the 2 hosts of the hyper-v system.

The client in commvault has been created with the name of the cluster and with the 2 hosts as nodes of the virutal server Hyper-V

Now the problem is that I see only the first host in the browse of the subclient. And all the VMs of this host. Can you assist me?

If I select only the second host as node, I can see all VMs from this host, so I presume that’s not a permissions issue.

icon

Best answer by Sébastien Maheu 28 January 2022, 11:43

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello @Sébastien Maheu 

This is actually most likely a permissions issue. Can you verify that the Hyper V account you are using to authenticate with is a part of the “Hyper V Administrators” group on both nodes?

If this doesn’t work can you right-click and deconfigure the license for each node and then reconfigure them and re-add them to the HV Cluster?

Badge +1

Hello @Dan White,

Thanks for your reply. I have done exactly what you mention. And same result.

• service account is member of both “Hyper-V Administrators” group
  • deconfigure the 2 hosts devices and reconfigure it

Also tried with the domain administrator account and same result. I expected that I forgot somewhere the right but it’s not the case.

I see the Primary node and all vm located actually on this host.
If I change the node order, I see the vm from the second host. So I presume that the rights are correct.

Extra information, All both running under Windows Server 2019 and the storage use cluster shared storage volume located on the first Hyper-V host. Not sure if that can impact the system.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Sébastien Maheu 

Are they added to a failover cluster manager?

On the Hyper V host name are you adding one of the nodes IP’s or the clusters IP?

Badge +1

@Dan White 

Yes all VM’s are in failover cluster manager.

I had added the 2 nodes with respective IP’s, not the cluster IP

Badge +1

@Dan White 

Here is maybe an explaination of the issue. If I’m trying to do a preview of the VMs in my subclient, that publish some log file where I can find the vsdiscovery.log file with the next report. The first host is not able to connect on the second with the hypervsdk and wmi (see attachment)

I tried to give administrator rights on both system to my service account, same result

I tried a manual wmi request from the first one with the service account to the second host, it’s working.

Badge +1

After a support case with the suppor, problem is now solved.

When you enter the credentials for the Hyper-V cluster, the format must be DOMAIN\username and not username@domain

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Sébastien Maheu , appreciate you bringing the solution!