Solved

Only Backup Files created or modified on and after option for multiple servers at once

• 6 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

We have recently started using the “Only Backup files created or modified on and after” option with our subclients.  Its a great feature however I can only seem to set it by going to each server one by one.  Is there a scrip that I can run with a list of servers to set this option for all subclients on that server along with the time zone and date in one go?  We only want to roll this feature out to certain servers in batches, which is why I am hoping there is a scrip to do this.  Thank you for any help you can give.

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 6 April 2022, 22:54

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Heath , are these clients the same regarding content?  You can utilize subclient policies with the option enabled, and just add clients as needed (or use client groups to assign the subclient policy.

Which clients would you want to add to these?  how large a number?

Sharing the option setting for anyone following along.

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.25/expert/62566_subclient_properties_content.html

It might also be possible to use REST API to post the setting, so let me know if this is something you’d like to explore:

https://api.commvault.com/#c949a990-8d38-47d8-926d-1c76e8ca6ada

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@Mike Struening 

We have about 50 servers, however the subclients are not all the same on the servers.  I do like the client groups option.  That may be the cleanest way, but how do I force that option to everything in the group?  Is that something in commvault when creating the group or is that a script at that point?  I am still in the learning process about some of the deeper dives with backups so thank you very much for all the help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Heath , I looked more into it and as best as I can tell, you’d have to create as subclient policy (and assign the Client Group to that Subclient Policy).  However, you’d also inherit the content definitions and more.  would that work?

Otherwise, the REST API route could work, though I’ll need to get more info on which parameters would get the required setting changed.

I’ll reach out to some dev resources!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I may have found it!

Here’s another document on the REST API option and I believe this setting is the one:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.25/essential/45918_rest_api_post_client_properties.html

I reached out to some of our devs to confirm!

dlpMinFileAgeMins

The age in minutes of a document (created or modified) before it is locked during a DLP scan.

dlpPropertise

clientProps

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@Mike Struening 

Thanks for all the help Mike, I think the Subclient policy won’t work for the way our system is currently configured.  I am going to look deeper into the REST API option.  I don’t know alot about it but I will read through your link and set that as the Best Answer.  Thanks for all the help.