Skip to main content

Qcommand, API or CS sql query to retreive the information listed under Instance Status tab for a Snap job under V2 virtualization (Amazon Web Services)

In V2 virtualization, we have VSAParentJobID which is 123654 in the above screenshot 

and each VM added in that subclient will have a VM Job ID associated to it for a Snap backup.

Whereas in V1 virtualization , it was just one job id for all VM’s so there wasn’t any confusion, we use this JobID to cleanup any snapshots/ami that were left by FAILED/Partially Successful jobs.
I’m finding it difficult with V2, since the snapshots are named as per the VM Job ID which is only seen within the Instance status tab in Job Details.

The API for Get Job Details on a the VSAParentJobID is not giving me the associated VM Job ID

It only gives the following info:

jobSummary
sizeOfApplication
opType
sizeOfMediaOnDisk
status
localizedOperationName
backupLevel
clientGroups information
subclient information like clientName, instanceName, backupsetId, clientID, subclientId
applicationId, subclientName etc

I need a direct way using qcommand/API/cs db query to find the VM Job ID that associated with a VM for a specific VSAParentJobID.
Please help.

Thanks in advance.

To get all VM jobs of a parent job:

select childJobId from jmjobdatalink where parentJobId=<JobId>

To get specific VM job of a parent job:

select childJobId from jmjobdatalink where parentJobId=<JobId> and childAppid in(select id from APP_Application where clientid=<vmclientId>)

@shravani thanks alot :) I will try this and update you.

Hi @shravani Is there a way to list the Instance size as well? Which DB table/view has that information?