Skip to main content

Hi,

We would like to hit max APIs on our S3 compatible object storage and we are wondering what all operations via Commvault we can perform to do so.

For eg: Backup , restore does hit the s3 PUT and GETs respectively along with HEADs.

We would like to perform some regression tests via Commvault.

Any recommendations on how to approach this? If via some tool or some other actions?

Hello @Jass Gill 

The Commvault product is as efficient as possible to minimise the amount of API requests and bundle a lot of our commands together. 

If you look into the “cloudstat.log” you can see the amount of API’s we are using the what ones are being submitted but i do not know of a tool that lets you smash it. 

Can you advise why you want to hit Max API’s? Could you not achieve this with a PowerShell script or something like this? 

Kind regards

Albert Williams

Thank you for the update.

“Can you advise why you want to hit Max API’s?” 

By max APIs, I meant to hit different types of API calls to object storage from Commvault.

“Could you not achieve this with a PowerShell script or something like this? "

Would there be any powershell script from Commvault?

Hello @Jass Gill 

I still don't understand what you are trying to achieve. What is the end goal? 

You can use the cloud test tool to write and read some data using the API’s that Commvault are going to use: https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/cloud_test_tool.html

Kind regards

Albert Williams