Solved

Anyone integrating Domino 12 backup with the Commvault REST API?

• 20 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

We need to use HCL Domino 12 for security updates.  But the Commvault Backup agent for Domino does not support HCL Domino 12.

HCL Domino 12 has a new backup integration feature, we plan to leverage this and use the Commvault via REST or Powershell to integrate with Commvault backup.

Has anyone experience with integrating with Commvault using the REST API?

Is there a product manager I can contact?

Would love to here from the community!

Lars

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 28 October 2021, 20:41

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Great question!

I’ll engage with the Product Manager while we see what others can share of their experiences!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Lars Berntrop-Bos , I had dev confirm that 12 is being evaluated right now.  I do not have an ETA or timeline, though I wanted you to be aware is is being looked at.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Badge

@Lars Berntrop-Bos Can you elaborate more on this?

» “HCL Domino 12 has a new backup integration feature, we plan to leverage this and use the Commvault via REST or Powershell to integrate with Commvault backup.”

What Domino backup integration feature you referring here and what you want to achieve?

Badge +1

@Spark3 Just the ordinary: Domino up to 11.0.1 IS supported, Domino 12 and up is not.  Which needed us to use a workaround to backup the Domino dabases, which are always open and changing in Domino.  Which complicates restores by it becoming a two step process: First restore the Domino database backups created by Domino using Commvault, then restoring those inside Domino.

I would much rather use the Commvault integrated method.

Please inform me when Domino 12.0.1 will be supported.  And while your at it:  Domino 12.0.2 beta is out.  Please also inform when Domino 12.0.2 will be supported.

Badge

The new v12 Domino Backup feature will not require a plugin for backups with some vendors due to the availability of the API. Will Commvault work with the native Domino backup without a plugin? 

Badge

The new v12 Domino Backup feature will not require a plugin for backups with some vendors due to the availability of the API. Will Commvault work with the native Domino backup without a plugin? 

Or provide a v12-compatible plugin?

Badge

Anyone?