Question

Dashboard missing information

  • 21 November 2022
  • 9 replies
  • 54 views

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi all

 

I have a customer who’s dashboard doesn’t report on a number of fields. Running the reports for each component also brings up empty results, as expected.

I had a look at the possibility of Branch Cache running as per another post here on a similar issue, but it isn’t installed.
I staged the Commserve in my lab and reporting is correct.
The customer is on FR11.21 and the lab version is FR11.28.xx
I don’t think this would be a fix as I believe the issue has been around for some time.


Below is the client view:

 

 

Below is the view in my lab:

 

 


9 replies

Badge +2

Hi Mauro,

Out of interest can I ask what maintenance release level your customer is operating on as well as what maintenance release you’re operating in your lab environment?

I would be interested to see what the results of this test were if you were to lab up the customers CSDB in a like for like lab environment. 

Thanks,
Shaun

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Shaun

 

The customer is still on 11.21. My next step was to stage it on the same version and see what it does.

Will have that completed in the morning and post an update.

 

Thanks,

Mauro

Badge +2

Hi Mauro,

Yes please let me know how that test goes. Another thing to consider is what level permissions the customer is logging in to view the dashboard with, do they have the full admin permissions?

It’s probably worth matching the permission levels used for the account you’re using in your lab with that in which your customer is using when you test again to truly see if the issue is then replicated.

Kind regards,

Shaun

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Mauro please also post the version of the maintenance release as well. The information shared currently is only showing the feature release. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi
 

The account I’m using is a Master so I know that portion is covered.

The version is MR20.
As soon as I’m setup I’ll update this thread.

 

Thanks,

Mauro

Badge +2

 @Mauro out of interest do you know whether or not your customer is on a Commvault complete license?

Also is there a reason the customer has elected not to upgrade to a more recent feature release? FR21 went end of life as of December 15 2021.

From checking internally I can see that a fix was provided as part of FR22 for this same issue when a Commvault complete license was in use which will have been rolled up into FR28 which could explain why you had no issues in your initial lab. 

Thanks,
Shaun

 

Badge +2

Hi @Mauro 

Did you ever get to the bottom of this for the customer? I’m interested to know your findings.

Thanks,
Shaun

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

 @Mauro out of interest do you know whether or not your customer is on a Commvault complete license?

Also is there a reason the customer has elected not to upgrade to a more recent feature release? FR21 went end of life as of December 15 2021.

From checking internally I can see that a fix was provided as part of FR22 for this same issue when a Commvault complete license was in use which will have been rolled up into FR28 which could explain why you had no issues in your initial lab. 

Thanks,
Shaun

 

I am not sure what their license model is at the moment.
The reason they haven’t upgraded is due to low resources. So no one is really looking after Commvault, so was trying to get a list of issues from the Health Report before upgrading anything.

I managed to get SP21 installed and the DR set restored. 
The Health Report info is populated in my lab, so I think it’s safe to say that there are no issues in that regard. There seems to be something else that’s unique to the server.

I’m going to try a few things and update this thread on progress.

Thanks,
Mauro

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi

A few things I’ve tried and was unsuccessful. 
I tried using a different browser on the client with success. I also tried connecting to the Command Centre from a different server and I still see the information missing. 
So the issue is definitely on the Commserve. I doubt it’s an issue with the SQL DB as that works perfectly in a staging environment.

I’ll log a support ticket for this and update this thread further.

Regards,
Mauro

Reply