Solved

is there a way to modify workflow activity inputs dynamically?

• 16 February 2022
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Well here is a good one…

Is there a way to hide the inputs of a popup activity using java or javascript?

icon

Best answer by Amey Karandikar 17 February 2022, 19:20

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

That’s definitely interesting.  Can you share some of the use case a bit?

Tagging in @Chris Sunderland since he is a Workflow guru :sunglasses:

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

On the customize input screen there is a hidden option.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

On the customize input screen there is a hidden option.

@Amey Karandikar Yes, but I want the ability to programmatically flip the option on and off.

so for example, screen two would be altered by the options selected on screen 1.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@christopherlecky  Form customization feature is one way to do this. No need for java script for this.

1. Set a hidden input on the second screen with value set to the input of the first screen.
  2. On the second input activity, if you are using sp24 or below, you can go to Inputs tab->Customize->Look and Feel->Additional customizations for web. This will open webconsole UI with form customization screen. 
  3. On this customization screen you can setup a rule that will look like the following screenshot. Your field names and conditions may look different.
form customization

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Absolutely awesome answer. I typically use the Java gui for editing workflows so it doesn’t show up there as an option. I was under the impression that I would have to modify the object itself. This is a much better solution since it requires no coding and probably just uses JS to edit the page.

thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

The feature isn’t working for me. Should this work within the same page?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Unmarking as Best Answer.

@Amey Karandikar , can you advise @christopherlecky on why this isn’t working?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Mike Struening @christopherlecky  Its not clear what is not working. So maybe best to open a ticket.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

The ticket is opened: 220218-540

The issue is that the rules are failing to work.

The ticket has screenshots and the CS and Workflow DB is currently being staged. I have another topic here for using workflow objects since the issue of the rules not working does not seem to apply to the workflow itself but rather to user interaction activities. 

That said setting the rules on a workflow input would require a way to do a query prior to the form loading.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks for the case number, @christopherlecky !  I see it’s currently with one of, if not THE best engineers in support.  You’re in good hands!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Awesome, Brian sorted me out as expected.

Turns out it was a simple misunderstanding of the term “hidden”

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Brian is a gem!