Workflow Configuration

• 24 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi all.

I have a question regarding the Workflow Configurations (see this post:

)

In general I know how to use these and they work like a charm. Unfortunately I don’t have any possibility to see the configured values after setting them.

E.G. I have a “configuration” with the name “TestConfig” of type String. I can set it to “Whatever” in the properties of the workflow and the workflow will use it. But if I have a look again in the properties it looks as if “TestConfig” is empty and not set.

Am I missing something or is there no possibility to look at the configured values?

icon

Best answer by RMcG 28 May 2023, 23:51

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

When you say looks you mean if you look at in the gui?

I’m not sure what you mean by look at

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

When you say looks you mean if you look at in the gui?

I’m not sure what you mean by look at

Yes, I am referring to the properties of the workflow in the Java GUI.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I’ve observed this behavior too and it’s caught me out a few times. I’ve found that the GUI doesn’t always refresh after you exit the properties page so if you open the properties again before a refresh you won’t see the current values. If you refresh the list of workflows then open the properties then you’ll find the property is actually set.

To refresh click on the ‘Workflows’ level in the CommCell Browser and then refresh. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I’ve observed this behavior too and it’s caught me out a few times. I’ve found that the GUI doesn’t always refresh after you exit the properties page so if you open the properties again before a refresh you won’t see the current values. If you refresh the list of workflows then open the properties then you’ll find the property is actually set.

To refresh click on the ‘Workflows’ level in the CommCell Browser and then refresh. 

I am working with Commvault for over 10 years and of course I have faced this behaviour of the Java GUI quite often. I don’t know why I have never considered this now… You are totally right. After a refresh I can see the values. Thank you very much :-)