Solved

deleting file system agent

• 12 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +5

We have vm's that by accident got the file system agent, when i try to unistall it from the commcell it automatically selects sql agent.

is there a way to uninstall the file system agent without deleting the sql agent?

icon

Best answer by arik 15 May 2024, 10:41

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @arik 

The file system agent is a core requirement for the SQL agent to work but should not consume a license unless configured. 

In my lab i went through the steps of creating the agent and then removing the agent. At what step do you get errors: 

1- Created file system agent

2- Released license

3- Delete Agent

Kind regards
Albert Williams

Badge +5

Hello @arik 

The file system agent is a core requirement for the SQL agent to work but should not consume a license unless configured. 

In my lab i went through the steps of creating the agent and then removing the agent. At what step do you get errors: 

1- Created file system agent

2- Released license

3- Delete Agent

Kind regards
Albert Williams

Thank you for your answer.

I wanted to mass remove the file system agent by adding all the clients to a client group and then uninstall the agent, in the uninstallation page if you check the file system agent its automatically checks the sql agent and you cannot uncheck it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @arik 

The file system agent is installed with the SQL agent and you cannot uninstall it.
You can deconfig the agent as i showed in my above steps but it is a requirement for the SQL agent to work.

Kind regards

Albert Williams

Badge +5

Hello @arik 

The file system agent is installed with the SQL agent and you cannot uninstall it.
You can deconfig the agent as i showed in my above steps but it is a requirement for the SQL agent to work.

Kind regards

Albert Williams

I see

Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @arik 

If this has answered all your questions please mark this thread as answered.

Kind regards

Albert Williams

Badge +5

Hello @arik 

If this has answered all your questions please mark this thread as answered.

Kind regards

Albert Williams

Im not sure how to mark this thread as marked

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @arik 

Which ever answer you found to be the most helpful just click the tick box. 

Kind regards
Albert Williams