Solved

feedback button in online documentation

Badge +5

Hi,

We had an issue with Refs. One of the first matches is

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/9409_refs_for_windows_2012_and_windows_2016.html

Not believing that W2022 is not supported I found

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/essential/142211_system_requirements_for_windows.html

I wanted to give a feedback on the first link but the feedback button is gone.

Checking other documentation pages confirm that the button is gone.

(description for online documentation still describes this feature)

It seems Commvault made a change in behaviour of BOL.

How can we give a feedback to a BOL page in the future ? 

icon

Best answer by Nutan Pawar G 9 August 2023, 11:57

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Joerg 

Feedback button on the BOL page is temporarily disabled and it will be enabled back very soon

Till that time, email issues to docs@commvault.com, we will create a tracking doc MR and work on them.

Badge +5

Thanks for the fast answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Nutan Pawar G what is your definition of very soon as 2 months passed by already….. I will for now drop an e-mail, but the option to give back feedback directly is being missed!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Unfortunately the alternative route doesn't work…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Can someone please fix this? It is still broken…...

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Onno van den Berg,

You’ll have to provide feedback via support case right now. Our engineers can provide feedback to the docs team The alias @Nutan Pawar G provided is internal only.

The docs team is undergoing a massive migration to a new modernized platform that opens up a lot of exciting possibilities - including a much more rapid way to execute on doc requests / changes and suggestions from our customers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

The Submit Feedback button is back.

Thanks,
Scott

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

It is back but only for the Essential section but not yet for the Expert Section

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

It was not available on Expert even before it was removed from Essential.

Thanks,
Scott

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I checked some of the defects I opened in the past and were from the expert section. 

That is a pity as the essential documentation is very basic for my work, I need to go into the details so the expert one is used on a daily basis.