Skip to main content

Dear team,👋😁

I am seeking your valuable assistance to address technical issues that I am experiencing with the Commvault agent (11.28.52), which is installed on a machine with a MediaAgent role and Oracle database agent and file system agent (as shown in the attached image). The machine in question is of considerable size, in terms of terabytes, and encounters various issues which I would like to describe:

1. The MediaAgent role was installed to send all information through SAN. However, it appears that this MediaAgent role has led to several client restarts.

2. When attempting to stop jobs locally, Commvault processes remain running on the server, causing slow performance and interrupting the proper functioning of the databases.

3. Even without any active jobs running on the client, Commvault processes continue to run every hour.

4. The HP-UX 11.31 Itanium operating system server VPAR is hosted on a Superdome platform and has an Oracle database of 35TB. Its function is limited to acting as a mediaagent to transfer data directly to the StoreOnce storage device in order to improve transfer times, and it is only for internal use, no other clients use this server as a mediaagent. It does not handle auxiliary backup copies or have deduplication functionality in Commvault.

Server image 

I sincerely request your valuable assistance in finding a solution to these issues. Thank you in advance for your support.

HI @FeRox 

Thanks for reaching out.

There are no known limitation to using a LAN Free Oracle agents to utilize the SAN for Lan free backups, this is supported.

I’ve noted there is a ticket in support which is currently being worked on which I would recommend bringing these points up during the troubleshooting process.

I will continue to monitor the support ticket internally.