Skip to main content

Hi,

I’m currently migrating from StoragePolicies and SchedulePolicies to Plans, as required for new installation beginning with Commvault 2024 (11.34).

In the past I requested the backup copy to be started within the same schedule as the backup.
if many subclients / VM Groups are triggered at the same time, the backupcopy is started immediatly or queued until free streams are available.
If I use the standard asynchronous method, the backup copies are processed per Storage Policy, Jobs to copy are determined at start time of the backup copyjob and do not automatically add new backups, that are finished during time of execution to the backup copy job list. This results in a higher time needed to complete backup + backup copy operations.

I cannot find this option in the plans, I created.

I’m also missing the option to throttle the amount of paralell backup operations for a client, which I used to simplify the scheduling without overloading the client.

Is there an equivalent option available in the CommandCenter ?

rgds
Klaus

Hello @johanningk 

Thanks for the great question and details. There are a number of things missing for the Command Center that are in the Java console like some of the features you have described. 

Each plan that is created will also have a Storage policy and schedule policy created for it in the Java console. Sometimes to get access to the missing options you will need to edit these in the Java console after configuring them in the CC. 

I look at it as the CC is step 1 always but sometimes the Java is needed for the advanced config.

Kind regards

Albert Williams

Not really an option if I start with a new installation with Commvault 2024, where the use of the JavaGU has to be temporarily enabled via incident/tickedt with the Commvault Support