Skip to main content
Question

What do partner types and badges mean?

• 18 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello! 

I find myself once more confused about the partner types and partner badges for Commvault, as used in 

https://www.commvault.com/partners/find

The badges for individuals are listed in https://www.credly.com/organizations/commvault/badges, but not those for companies. 

I see there Aggregator, Distributor, Managed Service Provider, and Solution provider as types of partners, and I can’t tell which does which.

And the badges don’t seem very self-explanatory to me either. 

Service Advantage and Service Advantage Plus probably mean second level support, as contrasted to CASP? What does the “plus” mean though?

And CASP seems to be first level support? And then it’s sorted again in four tiers? What do these four tiers mean though…?

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @StormyNight ,

A Commvault Distributor is an entity authorized to resell Commvault solutions and related SKUs to authorized Commvault Partner Advantage Partners.

Our Managed Service Provider (MSP) Partner Advantage Program is designed to help your business thrive by accelerating time to market, growing your customer base, and increasing margins all while providing your clients with secure and compliant data resilience. 

Solution Providers are authorized sales & services partners who are enabled by Commvault. The investment expands across competency (accreditations/certifications), co-selling, joint account sales plans, joint growth plan, joint invested demand generation activities and executive sponsors for the partnership.

An Aggregator business model will focus on Service Providers. Aggregators will aggregate the usage and payment across multiple Service Providers, combining the individual Service Provider transactions for the purchase of Commvault Service Provider and Service Provider subscription software and services into a single transaction between the Aggregator and Commvault for a given billing cycle. 

The four CASP (Commvault Authorized Support Partner) Tiers are based on some metrics defined for them to qualify. Metrics such as Time to respond, Certification levels, Training completion, case deflection and number of Commcells they manage. CASP review happens quarterly and CASP partners are categorized into one of these tiers. CASP partners provide first level support and if they cannot resolve, they reach Commvault Support for next level assistance.

Service Advantage badge is given to partners who have achieved Solutions Architect certificates and SA Plus in that offers specializations in advanced architecture design.

Hope this helps!