Solved

Mount Intellisnap directly on Hyperscale X to create backup to same hyperscale

• 6 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi

I have been search Commvault documentation and I could not fine an answer on my question, that´s why I am asking here.

I want to create an Intellisnap of an ibm db2 database running on an AIX server. After the Intellisnap has been done, I want to move an backup of the Intellisnap to an hyperscale X device. So the backup data is not in the storage array.

Would it be possible to mount the Intellisnap directly on the hyperscale X device to sent the backup data from the Intellisnap to the same hyperscale X device?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Damian Andre 8 April 2022, 03:26

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Yes you can mount on the Hyperscale node as it is just a backup copy however you can also mount it to another client and then send to the Hyperscale node.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Anders Trier Rasmussen 

In general, you do not need to manually mount anything to HyperScale X - Commvault handles the zoning of the snap automatically. 

What you need to do is make sure there is a connection to the storage - either FC or iSCSI so that Commvault can mount the snap after its taken to perform a backup copy operation.

What type of connectivity are you using? FC or iSCSI? 

For iSCSI you can follow these instructions

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi

Many thanks for your quickly answer and help @Damian Andre  :-)

The connectivity that will be used is FC and not iSCSI.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi

Many thanks for your quickly answer and help @Damian Andre  :-)

The connectivity that will be used is FC and not iSCSI.

Got it - in that case its probably good enough to connect the fiber channel card. You may need to zone it in on the storage side, which means you need the WWN’s. Here is an article that can help with that:

https://ma.commvault.com/Article/Details/46429

It was written for HyperScale 1.5 rather than HyperScale X, but I think the concepts generally apply to both.