Question

Report of all restores for a particular SQL database

• 14 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi, 

Can anyone please advise how I can find out when/where are database was restored to?  I’m talkign about SQL databases that might have restored in place, out of place or to a file. 

The DB I’m interested in will not have been restored to it’s original server but I need to know where else it may or may not have been restored.   

I have access to the Java GUI and the browser interface.  I can see a report called “Restore job summary” but that is a summary, I need to be able to filter by (source) database. 

Thanks 

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hello @davegray 

Thanks for the great question, if you are already in the Java console looking at the job you can right click » resubmit.

When you do this you will get a window open with all of the settings used in the restore. 
The issue with this is that it is a job by job basis and i think you can only do it for jobs in the past 14 days as we after that the CSDB drops the information from its tables. 

I hope it helps at least a little bit!

Kind regards

Albert Williams

Badge +1

Hi @Albert Williams 

Thanks for your response. 

I really need to specify a DB (not server) and then get a report of all the date/time/location it has been restored to but it does not seem possible. 

It’s going to form part of our security audit where data has been restored to a non-approved/standard location. 

I might ping a message to CV support to see what they say. 

Thanks and have a good day.