Solved

Teams Administrator account

• 22 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

Do I need a mail-enabled Teams Administrator account, temporarily without MFA, only for the configuration of the Office 365 Teams App in Command Center, or also later for backups or restores? I have a working Teams backup, but nowhere in Command Center I see a Teams Administrator account configured. The “Global Administrator” field in the Configuration tab is empty, and I am able to perform backups and restores.

If I can just delete the Teams Administrator account after configuration, that's of course always safer.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Pratik 10 October 2023, 13:26

View original

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi @iConsultant , 

Thanks for reaching out. The Global Administrator credentials are no longer required for Microsoft 365 Teams setup. 

Please refer the Article on Express configuration setup to create a Teams App:

Also, please refer the below article on "Can I remove the the Global Administrator account from existing Teams?"

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I have only access to the first link. My question is, do I still need a Teams administrator account after Teams backup has been configured, and if so, why don't I see it in the Command Center? I don't see the Teams Administrator account configured there (although I used it for setup).

I know I need an Exchange service account for backup and restores, and a SharePoint service account for Commvault licensing reasons, although both (also) use an App Registration for backup. OneDrive needs an App Registration only.

We are a service provider and get questions from customers about the accounts needed voor Office 365 backup. Up until now, I don't know why I need a Teams Administrator account after everything has been configured, and if so, where I can find the account back in Command Center, for example in case I want to change the password of the Teams Administrator account.

Thank you!

Badge +2

Hi,
Its no longer needed.  After December 2021, this requirement (Global Adminitrator) does not exist for Teams. 

Product release reference: https://metallic.io/product-release-notes