Skip to main content

Hi Community,

I am testing One touch Windows BMR recovery. My physical sever has 8 NICs and link to commserve is connected on the 3rd NIC card.

When i boot 1-touch WinPE ISO, it shows only 2 first NICs. I tried also adding network drivers on ISO using this method but still same issue.

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/adding_windows_drivers_for_nic_and_mass_storage_devices.html

Can the 1-touch WinPE show all the NICs or only 2 NICs?

Or i am not correctly adding drivers to the ISO?

Can anyone help me on this please.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Hello Sauvegarde,

When you boot into WinPE, a call is made to the hardware and when you run ipconfig /all you should see the list of NICs that have been reported. 

Are these NICs teamed?  Are you using the WINPE10 version (if not HyperV)?

There are windows tools included in WINPE to determine this as well.

Windows PE (WinPE) | Microsoft Learn

Thanks,

Shawn Haley

Commvault Support, Tier 2 Client

HI @shaley,

Thank you for your reply. I didn’t dowloaded the latest ISO winPE10. Now i can see all the network cards.

Hi Community,

Now, i am stuck with missing MSD drivers. i am not much familiar with drivers. So i tried drivers from the vendor site (Dell) and the installed drivers from the source machine also, nothing is working.

i have manage to establish UNC path  so i can update the shared driver folder.

Can anyone help me to find the correct driver please?

Dell PowerEdge R750 server.

Thank you

Hello Sauvegarde,

Unfortunately from a support perspective, we cannot confirm or provide the correct drivers from that third party vendor.  You might have to work with them directly.

Adding Drivers During Bare Metal Recovery Using 1-Touch for Windows (Cross Hardware Restore) (commvault.com)

Regards,

Shawn

@shaley thank you :)