Skip to main content
Solved

Hi Guys,

Small question. FR 11.23, is that ususable in production already? Or should we wait till 11.24?

B

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

23 is a general release. Shouldn’t have an issue updating if you want\need to.

Feature Release 11.23 (commvault.com)

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

yes, but you also have this page:

https://ma.commvault.com/ESD?fv=11.0

“v11.23 is best aligned for POCs and new customer installations. Maintenance Releases will be issued for this release.”

and for v11.22: “v11.22 includes the most recent features and is the recommended target for any new upgrades. Maintenance Releases will be issued for this release.”

So, as far as I read it, Commvault proposes to use 11.22.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Bart , you are correct that generally we suggest the absolute newest release for POCs and new installs to get the latest and greatest, though there is nothing wrong if you apply it now to an existing cell, especially if you want a new feature only in 11.23.

It’s mostly a result from our (semi-new) policy of supporting back 5 releases and designating 2 as the Long term Releases.  for a new customer, going to the newest is generally going to result in being at the best release for support purposes when combined with newest features.

Let me know if that makes sense as I explained it :nerd:

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thanks. The reason why i was still asking is because a couple of months ago, a support guy from commvault told us that we should not use those kind of releases. (because it contained critical bugs..typose in sql / reports, etc).