Skip to main content

Hi,

I try to add a new Media Agent to my Commvault environment.

The strange thing is: I can install the MA feature successfully to one of my Windows Servers. When I check this client with rightclick “view” > “installed software”, the Media Agent feature is there, too. 

When I check Media Agent readiness, it says “ready”.

BUT: when I go to “Storage ressources” > “MediaAgents”, the newly installed machine is not listed there.

I also can’t select it as a Media Agent in a Mount Path.

Do you have any idea how to make the Media Agent “visible”?

Either it didn't install properly, or you simply need to hit F5 to refresh the console after install to make it appear.

Can you do a check readiness on the client machine level, any issues? - The cvmountd service should be running on the new Media Agent (not stuck in ‘starting’).

If the steps that @Damian Andre mentioned do not work, you may need to close the CommCell console and then reopen it to see the MediaAgent.  Sometimes F5 does not refresh the console properly to show new installs.  

thanks Damien.

Yes, I checked this. F5 does nothing. Also already rebootet the CommServe.

readiness is good. Cvmountd is startet on new MA.

I opened a case with support. Let’s see what they say.

@TheDude75 , can you share the support case number so I can track it accordingly?

Thanks!!

Hi there !

I experienced the same case when deploying a linux MA. 

The root cause was mostly part of the prerequisites were not setup on the linux, I don’t remember exactly which ones and can’t find out my history, but it could be glibc or something like this that needed to be deployed. 

Had it deployed, reinstalled CV on the MA, and it poped-up anywhere.

It’s case # 220421-293

Hi there, 

I’m back from vacation and curious to know what support found as root cause for this issue.

Was I right with glibc missing on your new MA ? 🤓

Regards,

Laurent.

Hi Laurent,

It’s a Windows MA. Is there also a glibc there?

Support case is still ongoing. I keep you updated.

regards
Patrick

Hi @TheDude75 

No glibc on the windows MA, thanks for mentioning it.

Not sure it’s coincidence, however today i’ve encountered the same issue.

I first thought. it missed a step somewhere. As i did a local install and discovered the MA. As this didn't show the MA. I did the client push, which was succesfull. However still no MA to manage.

The curious thing is, when you want to open the MA properties of the newly installed client/MA (View - MediaAgent properties) it'll just do nothing. Eventhough the broswer does know it's a MA… :| 

I raised a support ticket for it, and now working with support on it. #220509-502

Small update from my side. Just got off the phone with support as we found the reason.

The solution for my case was that the MediaAgent was not shown, and that was based on a Media Management Configuration setting.

Eventhough the “user preference - MediaAgent filter”, the checkbox was marked.
Under “Media Management Configuration - Service Configuration” the “Show MediaAgents with no libraries was set to 0.

Changing it to 1, as below. Solved it for me.

Show Mediaagents with no libraries 1

Thank you for the assistance Sarahy, and hope this is of any help to you @TheDude75 

Hi Kelly,

thank you very much! That’s the solution! It solved my problem, too.