Skip to main content

Hello,

We have some oracle database for which the "Archive Delete” option is disabled for both type of backups: datafiles L0/L1 and archive logs at the subclient level. So log backup should never get deleted.

There is a schedule attached composed by the regular schedule + an automatic schedule. This is the default setting in our environment and we would like to keep it like that.

The idea is this automatic scheduler was triggered and deleted all the archive logs. We can see clearly in the rman logs "archive log all delete input”.

My question might be stupid, but is this working as expected? The deletion of the log files... (personally, i believe so)? Even though on the scheduler this option is not selected as well:

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Hello @mihaib200 

Thanks for the question and details. I recommend raising a support case around this issue as clearly in the GUI you have the option to disable logs being cleaned up but they are still being cleared. 

Community wont be the best place to get a solution to this issue. Please report back here with the answer from support. 

Kind regards

Albert Williams

I understood from commvault that deletion of logs is mandatory for automatic scheduled log backups as it is works on thresholds: (disk space threshold or number of archivelogs).