Skip to main content

Hello,

I am in the process of migrating to a new disk library. For all the Storage Policies I have created new corresponding copies for each site.

The current Primary (1) and Synchronous (2) copies have a 30 day basic and 90 day full weekly retention configured.

I now created 2 new copies but since I am writing to WORM storage I have configured the retention for both the new copies with 90 day basic retention.

My issue is that not all the jobs are being copied. Only the first 4.

The rest of the jobs have a status of “To be Copied & Disabled”. What does this mean?

How can I get them automatically copied?

Should I select the option “Pick for Copy” on all the required jobs?

Thanks.

Ignes

Hello @Iggy 

You can select pick for Copy and it should be copied. There can be multiple reasons to it showing disabled and one of them could be the backup period time selected in the storage policy copy properties > Copy Policy. If the job is not falling under this criteria, this can show to be copied and disabled.

Best,

Rajiv Singal

Hi Rajiv,

The source and target copies are both Synchronous copies.

The Copy policy is set to All Backups.

I will attempt to select the “Pick for Copy” option and see how it behaves. I am just concerned that some jobs might be missed if they are not automatically picked.

Regards,

Ignes

What’s the “Retain Until” date on those jobs?  Have they already met retention?

Thanks,
Scott

I think what happened was that when the copy was created I selected the option for backup from today and not All Backups.

For some copies that was created as Selective Copies from the start the jobs are all ready to be copied.

Cheers.