Skip to main content

I am trying to set up a two node Azure SQL Cluster in Commvault.  The nodes get installed just fine, as does the cluster instance.  However when I try to add the database on this cluster I get the err message that’s in the title.  I’ve obviously changed the SQL name for security purposes but no matter what I try it will not add the new database instance.  Both nodes and the cluster instance are pingable from each other and from the commcell itself but cant add in a SQL database.  Ive configured the nodes as DIP’s in the control panel and the corresponding network settings show this.

Anyone any ideas on whats Im doing wrong or missing?  Im tearing my hair out with this and have no issues with on prem sql instances.

Cheers

Tony_Q71

Hi @TonyQ , hope all is well!

Can you take a look at the requirements in this thread and see if that’s your issue?

Thanks!!

Hi Mike, apologies for being a bit silly here but here’s what I have

A 2 node cluster both nodes set up and software installed on both nodes with “Windows File System” and “SQL Server”, which all seems great.  I can add the database instance on both instances but its to be set up in a two node cluster.  I’ve created the cluster, then added the two nodes within advance settings in the cluster with 

“File System & iDA for MSSQL Server”

I then pushed the network configuration and I get Cluster Group was saved on Commserv successfully.  Remote nodes update failed: (Use force sync option to update the nodes later.) Reason:< There was an error during initialisation of information from input XML /Local registry.>

.  The issue is when I go to try and add the database to the SQL Cluster I run it to the error also.  Does the below settings need configured at all?

@TonyQ , my apologies for the LATE reply!

I see you opened a case for this (wisely) so I am sharing the resolution here:

Finding Details:

Customer has 2 SQL servers hosted on Azure VM
He has a clustered SQL instance
Found ta different Client Access Name from failover cluster manager
Updated the host name with Client Access Name
Tried discovering the instance
Failed with comms error
Tried to ping Client Access Name from CS
Failed with timeout

Solution:

Need to involve your internal team and resolve the above connectivity