Solved

Chunk errors on aux copies to cloud

  • 6 July 2021
  • 5 replies
  • 1103 views

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello CV Community

 

I am now worryingly getting the following error on my month end backups to Cloud.  Below are the two different errors.  Has anyone come across this before.  support are recommending to run data verification jobs on the partially copied jobs.  However these jobs run in to days rather than hours and my aux copies are falling further behind.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 

Kind regards

TonyQ

 

icon

Best answer by TonyQ 7 July 2021, 16:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @TonyQ !  Looks pretty straightforward though I’ll have to refer to the crossed off items.

Check the properties of the disk Mount Path and see what account is specified.  Has the password changed at all?

Most likely you’ll be able to see when this error started and make a connection to the account locking/changing passwords at that time.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Mike,

 

Thanks for coming back to me on this so quickly.  I have gone through every single mount point within Libraries\NameofMagneticLibrary\MP’s and went to properties\sharing tab and made sure that the user name and password are correct.  The service account is definitely not locked out as its the same account we use for all other Commvault jobs and they are passing with no issues.

 

Thanks

TonyQ

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

No problem!

Try this out:

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=7965.htm

You can do a reset of the password across all locations….which in this case would really just be affirming the password.

I suspect it’s just a matter of a typo SOMEWHERE but tracking that down one at a time would be a nightmare (which is why we have this awesome tool)!

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Mike

 

I got this issue resolved with the help of Commvault support.  It turns out the issue was completely unrelated to chunk errors and in closer inspection when looking at the logs for the job its was a permissions issue on the media agent C:\Program Files\Commvault\ContentStore\Log Files.  This folder log files needed the service account we use for all Commvault jobs to have full permissions on that particular folder as it couldn’t write to it.  The “chunk errors” were a symptom as apposed to the cause.  I then checked all our media agents and made the necessary permission changes on all of them giving this service account full access.  The weird thing is, service account was part of the local administrators, but this was obviously not enough.  After making the change the streams picked up data and are now completing as expected.

 

thanks though for helping with your suggestions.  I hope that others, if they have the same issue might be able to use this as a possible fix to their problem.

 

Thanks

TonyQ

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Man, as soon as you stated the folder, I knew the rest.  that’s a tricky one when it occurs because it is simply not obvious!

Either way, as you said we have this to share for posterity.

Thanks for coming back to share!!

Reply