Skip to main content

Hi!

I wanted to test out the hardened Commvault image available to download from the store

https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/#!/130/704/20288

I have downloaded the ova and deployed it to VMware environment. During deployment I have specified new hostname and password, but I cannot login to the VM because the password I set don’t work. The hostname is changed only after a manual reboot but password is not working.

OVA deployment is pretty straight-forward and it is something I am rather familiar with, but I cannot get this to work. I’m wondering if anyone has similar experience or am I missing something?

Robert,

Sure it wasn’t mistyped? Did it meet the minimum specs for a password?

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/116042_deploy_ova.html

Hi Robert,

Please retry with below password complexity. We are in the process of updating the documentation about this criteria.

Password must have 3 of the following: 1 lower case character, 1 upper case character, 1 number, and 1 special character.

The value must be between 12 and 72 characters long.

Thanks,

-Prakash K

Thanks for you input @Jon Kuzmick and @Prakash K 

The passwords I was using were 10 and 11 chars long. I’m deploying a new ova with password that is 14 chars long it has 3 upper case letter, 1 special character, 1 number and 9 lower case characters. I will check that.

One other thing that comes to mind is that, the user field is not populated when I try to login, so I just assumed it would be “Administrator”, but maybe I’m wrong here. Could you please confirm what’s the username I should use for login?

Thanks!

Try cvadmin or admin.

From what I can tell hostname has been changed, so should be the password.

I’ve tried:

• Administrator
  • admin
  • cvadmin

as a user but still I cannot login using password set during deployment. The password I used is ‘ZAQ!3edczxcasd’ it was copied and pasted into deployment wizard, I even hit the ‘eye’ button to check if it’s alright and if I’m not blind it conforms to the password requirements. 

I’m out of ideas. Is there anything else I can try?

Try commvault

I looked in our case history and this seems to work

@Jon Kuzmick 

Bullseye!

I’m not sure if it’s in documentation and I just missed, but if not it should certainly be there.

Anyway, thanks to you, finally I’ve been able to login! Feels like a new car :wink:

I just downloaded the image too and cannot login.  Anyone else have this problem?  I have built the VM twice just in case I typed the password wrong during the installation.  I know I typed it in correctly.  Not sure what to do next to get logged in.

@jbyrne , confirming that commvault as a password did not work?

If so, I’d open a support case.  We won’t have much luck troubleshooting otherwise.

Keep me posted!