Solved

Command Center Data is "old" vs Commcell Console

• 16 August 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hello,

I've noticed that in several situations, when somethings is done through the Commcell console, there is lag until that reflects in the Command Center pane.

Why?

Is there a way to speed up this and have the information in Command center refreshed?

Example: delete a few jobs from SP. Command center disk lib usage does not reflect the change in disk usage. Commcell does.

Regards,

Pedro

icon

Best answer by Javier 18 August 2023, 10:32

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@PedroRocha 

You can stop the tomcat service from webserver and perform IISRESET from CMD admin mode. Start the tomcat service again and check the status. For reports if it is getting populated with the help of private metrics reporting then try to upload the private metrics manually and check the status again in the dashboard.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Command Center relies a lot in the MongoDB, restarting Mongo should refresh the cache and should show the most recent information in Command Center.

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Command Center relies a lot in the MongoDB, restarting Mongo should refresh the cache and should show the most recent information in Command Center.

Do you know the refresh interval? Because I noticed that from one day to another, the data was refreshed on Command Center.

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

@PedroRocha

You can stop the tomcat service from webserver and perform IISRESET from CMD admin mode. Start the tomcat service again and check the status. For reports if it is getting populated with the help of private metrics reporting then try to upload the private metrics manually and check the status again in the dashboard.

Do you know the refresh interval? Because I noticed that from one day to another, the data was refreshed on Command Center.

This is the data:

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Unfortunately a lot of information is also populated through scheduled refresh operations who run in the backend, so you indeed see information that is lacking behind with the reality. I hope they are going solve this overtime but moving more and more towards event-based refreshing, but a lot of functionality is also relying on backend processes, so that makes it complex. 

In all honesty, but personally I just can't see performing hard stop/starts and iisreset actions as true workaround to perform forced refreshes of data. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Most caches present in the MongoDB are refreshed in a 4 hrs interval.

The Command Center is indeed under constant development and we can expect all these quirks and features to get polished and enhanced with every new version that is released. It will get to a point where it will become a 1:1 substitute of the Commcell Console.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Yes, but imho it's taking way too long. The admin console how it used to be called was introduced in 2016/2017 already.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@PedroRocha

This is the data:

This data comes from local metrics collection, which gets refreshed once in a day. Dashboard and health reports uses data from metrics collection. To see current usage go to storage pool properties. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

As mentioned above, Dashboard and health reports uses data from metrics collection which gets refreshed once in a day. To see current usage go to storage pool properties. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Seems to me that Commvault is using their present user base as testing subjects with the lack of sync between Command Center and Console.