Question

Command Center Laptop Plan SP retention

• 24 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi Team,

Question:

Why can't I define retention for Storage policy in Laptop Plan created in Command Center?

The question arises from the fact that the created SP is created for 90 days/1 cycle by default, which keeps the retention of incremental and synthetic backups for the entire days period despite synthetic backups being made.

The DataRetentionForecastandComplianceReport shows that backups are kept for basic days - excerpt

Here is the view of the jobs sorted by Synthetic Full due to the large number of jobs:

This increases the capacity for Storage and DDB.

By creating a configuration from Commcell Console, I am able to configure it appropriately, but the client wants to use only the plans created in Command Center.

Please help and explain

Regards,

Piotr Grzegorek

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Once the last incremental in the chain reaches 90 days, the jobs from July should prune.

Badge +2

The problem here is that the SP plans created by the laptop plan in Command Center create (by default) a retention period of 90 days, which keeps the data for the entire retention period, why? if synthetic Full is done once a week.
Why does the laptop plan from Command Center create SP for 90 days and not 30, 60 or 120 days?

In Commcel Console, I can set everything separately and granularly: Storage policies - days/cycle, Subclient policies - Job based Retention or Object Based Retention and Schedules.

But in Command Center I have no control over Storage Policy which is automatically set to 90 days / 1 cycle, making me lose storage space because it holds jobs by 90 days retention.

I hope I have clarified the problem.