Skip to main content

Hi everyone!

I know this may sound like a silly question, but I'm a bit disoriented about how to proceed.

I'm looking to apply for a position as a Product Lead for Backup & Disaster Recovery at a very large company. The environment is a substantial CommVault enterprise system with numerous features in use.

My background includes extensive experience as a CommVault engineer/architect. However, the issue is that I stopped working in this capacity back in 2017. I gained some additional experience between 2019 and 2021, but the systems were set up similarly to how I remember them from 2017. I've only worked with the Java GUI and don't have much familiarity with the Web Command Center.

My question is how I can get up to speed with what's changed. What's new in the world of CommVault, and how has the way we interact with it evolved?

In an ideal scenario, I would attend (or re-attend) all CommVault instructor-led training and certification courses, but to do that, I need to be employed at the company already. The problem is that I'm currently unemployed and do not have access to a CommVault environment to practice and experiment with.

While I am still a registered CommVault partner and possess an NFR license, I lack the required hardware at home to build my own lab. Of course, I could set it up in the cloud, but I believe that would be too costly.

Are there other options for having access to a CommVault lab?

I understand that I can go through all the documentation, but it's challenging to learn without hands-on experience.

I can read all the service pack/feature release updates since 2017, as well as all the marketing slides available on the partner website.

I know this might make me seem a bit foolish (or lost) in asking these questions. I hope you understand my predicament and can offer some guidance.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards

Be the first to reply!