Skip to main content

Hi All,

We are backing up SQL server as an AWS EC2 instance. There was change were done in which SQL server EC2 instance replaced with new EC2 instance with same name and data. From our end we released the Commvault license and when Commvault was installed onto the new EC2 instance by default client for with we have released the license should get Commvault license and should be showing up. But this don’t happen and new client with same name was created. Please help me to know why new client with same name was created.

From my end we missed that the new EC2 server will be created with new OS. Old EC2 has 2012 and new has 2016.

Request you to please help me to fix the issue.

Hi @Rahul18081 

I understand that there is a problem with your recent SQL client installation due to duplicate clients. This can usually happen if the client in question is automatically collected by our system with a different hostname, such as a short name, IP, or another FQDN mapped via DNS. A common way to fix this is to merge the two clients in question, removing the one with "_1" appended to its name.

If you check the client properties, the duplicate client will be appended with “_1”

This BOL should help you here

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/36646_troubleshooting_63652_virtual_machine_client_names_are_created_with_1_appended_to_original_client_name.html