Solved

Cross restore | Server out of domain

• 13 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Guys, .I need to restore data from a server to another server that is on the same network, but is outside the domain..The client is already installed and ports 8400 to 8403 are already released.

Log Restore_______________________________________________________________________

ERROR: CvFwClient::connect(): Connection failed on server-2: Couldn't complete tunnel connection to commvault_media on 10.206.112.179:8403: The semaphore timeout period has expired.
CVOnDemandSvcClient::SubmitTask() - Unable to attach to cvd at 10.206.112.179*commvault_media*8400 to launch on demand service.Error is 0xE8090010:{CCvNetwork::Attach_RemotePort(1392)} + {CCvNetwork::GetConnection(3231)} + {CSessionConnectionSocket::GetConnection(189)/EventMessage.0x09000010.9:16.(Remote machine [10.206.112.179]. The socket connect failed. Error returned [-1=Connection failed on server-2: Couldn't complete tunnel connection to commvault_media on 10.206.112.179:8403: The semaphore timeout period has expired.
]. Check Network Connectivity.)}
ERROR: CvFwClient::connect(): Unable to resolve remote host commvault_server.com to IPv4 family: 0x80072AF9:{CQiIPAddr::GetAllByName(217)/W32.11001.(No such host is known. (11001))}

Do I have to configure VPN settings?

https://documentation.commvault.com/fujitsu/v11/expert/7630_configuring_network_routing_rules_for_vpn_clients.html

icon

Best answer by Carlos Moreira 28 July 2022, 13:43

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Are you trying to restore to commvault_server from the machine you pulled the logs from? Because this line below is name resolution. 

ERROR: CvFwClient::connect(): Unable to resolve remote host commvault_server.com to IPv4 family: 0x80072AF9:{CQiIPAddr::GetAllByName(217)/W32.11001.(No such host is known. (11001))}

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Aplynx 

No, I'm restoring server01 to server-2. Remember that server-2 is not in the domain. But, it has the client installed and the ports released.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17

As Aplynx mentioned, this sounds like DNS resolving is not working as expected.
Can you verify that the hostnames configured in Commvault for the items below can resolve each other:

• Commserve
  • Media Agent
  • Target Client

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@Jos Meijer  Thank you for your help.

Target Client is outside the domain, and has no dns.in the host table, I added the IP and Host of the media and CommServer.and on the servers, I added the IP of the target Client.but the backup was not successful._______________Error Code: [62:441] Description: Internal software error occurred. Source: server-2, Process: cvd
Userlevel 7
Badge +19

See if you can enable debug logging in case you can’t find the root cause in the logs.

Things to check:

• Make sure to add client name and hostname (in case it is configured in Commvault as FQDN) to the hostname. Or add a DIP/backup network configuration using IP.
  • Try the use of a network topology which will limit the port usage and allows you to steer the flow.
  • Check logs for the root cause and in case you can find it try to increase debug logging level.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Guys, problem solved.I added in "etc/host" the ip of the client. And in the client add IP from Media and Commserver.Thanks.👍🏼
Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Thanks for sharing the solution @Carlos Moreira