Question

Download CIS benchmark pre-hardened OVA image

• 15 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Hello community,

I wanted to download the pre-hardened OVA image from the software store. Unfortunately it seems like it is not listed anymore. I checked the documentation and it refers to the software store. However, if I clicked the link from the documentation I receive the message “No matching packages were found.”.
Anyone else having the same problem?

Hardening the CommServe Server with CIS Level 1 Benchmarks (commvault.com)

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Looks like they were removed from the software store, so let's hope @Mike Struening can shine some light on this! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’m on it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

It may have been replaced with this hardening script:

https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/#!/96/635/20763

But will wait for @Mike Struening to confirm

Hello Mike,

I´m not sure if the link you provided is a pre hardened Image. It is not mentioned in the description, so I would have to run a CIS benchmark against it to find out… I might have time next week to check it. However I found a new link for SP23, where it mentioned “CIS L1 hardened Commserver 11.23 / CIS L1 rules hardened for Windows server 2019, SQL server 2016 and IIS10”  Store (commvault.com)

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@KEV-IT , I removed my errant reply. 

I got word first thing this morning that it is back on the store.  Can you confirm you can see it as available?

Thanks!

Hello Mike,

yes that´s the image I was refering in my previous post. Do you know if it is planed to keep the OVA-Images updated? The image in the software store is for SP23 and Server 2019.

Otherwise I will go with the Scripts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I understand that an 11.28 version is forthcoming, though I don’t know when (soon I believe, but nothing more concrete than that).

They should be updated regularly.  Still not sure what happened to the image on the store (sounds like a glitch, nothing intentional).

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hello,

Is the hardened ova image still available?

This link from the documentation does not work.

https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/#!/130/704/20288