Skip to main content

Hi guys,

I have recevied the following message from the Customer.

We are testing DR Backups to Commvault Cloud Services Portal. I did a request using admin account for backup download approval and got message that “Approvals are handled by Commvault.”. After few minutes I received approval from vmathada@commvault.com that request approved, and I was able to download backups.

Could you please answer following questions:

1) How Commvault decide what to approve and what not? Could you please describe process or maybe you have link to documentation?

2) Can we somehow configure this approval mechanism? What are the options?
3) Account that I used is simple “Commvault User” account with admin privileges in cloud.commvault.com. How can we protect such accounts? I mean multiple factor authentication for example. I didn’t manage to find such functionality.

Can you help me, guys? I cannot find the answers.

Rgds,

Kamil

@Kamil W Commvault Engineering team is actively working on updating the authentication request and validation process.  Your questions have been captured and sent over to Commvault Engineering team.  We will update you when additional information is received.  

Many thanks. I am looking forward to any feedback from you.

Rgds,

Kamil

I’m also interested about these questions raised by Kamil’s Customer and would like to now if there is a way to configure 2FA to cloud.commvault.com portal access.

Hi @NVFD411 

Any news?

Rgds,

Kamil

Interesting topic! Curious to learn more about it!

Hi guys,

Any ideas?

Rgds,

Kamil

@Kamil W , I’m chatting with a few devs on this.  Hoping for an update soon.

Hi, We are working on enabling MFA for login to cloud.

For DR backup access, only customer accounts can download the DR backup.  

The second approval from commvault is in place as an additional measure where a customer may tell us to not allow downloads for a particular user/commcell.