Question

Error while configuring a linux fs backup

• 15 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +6

Hi Team,

I am getting below error when try to configure the linux fs backup:

Error Code: [68:574]
Description: Required media version [11.28] with transaction Id [4489590] is missing in the Software Cache. CommServe may be installed with a lower version media. Please check the media in Software Cache and try updating the CommServe before updating clients.

I don’t see a software cache or folder anywhere? TBH I don’t know what the error message wants to exactly convey so I can look for the requirement. 

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello @RandomCustomer 

Thanks for your query.

Please make sure the software cache matches the version of the Commserve. If it does not you can delete it and download new software then try the installation again. https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/2718_managing_commserve_cache.html

Per error, you have to download the required Linux package and perform copy software job to configure the Linux package with the cache configuration. 

While downloading the software you will have the option to choose the appropriate Linux agent software and download the package. 

Ensure the package has been moved to the Commserver. Then perform a copy software job and choose the package to configure the software cache. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@RandomCustomer To add on to what Tanuj mentioned above, whenever you are trying to perform a push installation from Commserve it fetches the data (Commvault version, OS, components involved in installation) from cache. The error you are getting means that the version you have present in cache (Tools > Add or Remove Software > Cache Details) is higher than your Commserve version, higher version can stay in cache but a higher version cannot be installed on clients. 

For example as per the below image, we have Windows and Linux OS cache for Commvault 11.24 version. 

If you follow Tanuj’s instruction above, after running copy software, new details will be updated in the cache and you check for your self in cache details. Once the version of Commserve matches with the one in cache, you can push installation. You also need to make sure you are following all the pre requisited mentioned here that are required for push install from Commserve: https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/1971_prerequisites_for_installations_using_commcell_console.html

Let us know if you still have any concerns/doubts with Cache setup.

Best,

Rajiv Singal