Skip to main content

Hello, 

I have 3 libraries in different environments but these are hosted in the same commserv, we work with weekly and monthly tapes and we want these tapes can be used in any of the 3 libraries, the problem we are facing is that if the tape A was mounted in the library A to mount this tape which already has the expired information in the Library B for example, the solution we have at the moment is to give it delete manually and discover but we want it to be something much more dynamic that simply uses it even if it comes from another library. What also generates me another doubt to be the 3 libraries in the same commserv should know that these tapes are already expired?

Hi,

I’ll try to provide a synthetic quick answer. 

When you add a tape to a tape pool, to use it in a tape library, Commvault knows its content, even if you move it physically to a different library. In that case, it remains attached (=assigned) to the previous tape pool.

After content has expired (days+cycles) then the tape would have to be removed from the previous tape pool, and assigned to the new library’s tape pool.. 

This is already what you described.

I am not aware of anything automatic that would cover your need.

Hello @Cintoteca 

Yes the tape will need to be deleted and re-discovered in the new library. As long as it stays within the same CommCell and put into a library with compatible drives, it can be used.

Thank you,

Collin

I understand Thank you very much for your comments