Skip to main content

Hi,

We use Commvault as a multi-tenant backup solution for several customers. I created a User Group for a specific tenant, gave it the Browse and Restore role on their own entity, made it member of the CV_Restricted_Visibility group and hide all items in the Command Center Navigation Pane except Protect (some sub items) and Jobs. Meaning of this is, I want the tenant to be able to perform restores (and nothing more) / use the Command Center as a “Restore Portal” only. This worked fine but...I now see this tenant gets a “License and Registration” pop-up because we as the service provider need to renew our license within 2 months. I don't want the tenant to see this. The pop-up contains a link which can even be clicked and followed by the tenant with only these limited rights!

Is there a possibility to hide this “License and Registration” pop-up from the tenant?

Thanks!

We contacted Commvault and got a new license with priority. Problem solved.

Did they initiate a development ticket?

Otherwise you will have the same issue next time..

Hi Jos, A colleague of me arranged this but my best guess is no. But I am confident Commvault will read this and put this on their to do list, if time permits and priority is sufficient, both of which can naturally be a challenge. If you are in the same situation, feel free to make a note of this. Best regards!