Solved

How to install FREL without ova file..?

• 27 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

hello,

I am presented with the need to install FREL on an existing VM with the operating system already in place, a task I haven't tackled previously. Admittedly, my proficiency in Linux is currently a work in progress. Here's my understanding so far; however, I humbly seek your guidance to navigate through this process more effectively.

1.  first we install MA and VSA on Read only mode.

Ensure that RPC services are running (rpcinfo -p / Systemctl status rpcbind).

• from point one where what exactly need to be installed filesystem ida…?(if yes should i install it read only)
  • point 4 will i get those options on Linux in that path…?? 
  • point 6. is that script preconfigured….?
icon

Best answer by Sebastien Merluzzi 27 November 2023, 11:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hello @Beginner 

You should create a new Linux server or if you have an existing Linux machine with just FS packages installed on it, you can add VSA and Media Agent package to it. Otherwise create a new Linix machine and then you can simply install FS, FS core, MA, VSA package. Installation is simple, you can download the packages from support site, place it on the machine, extract it and then run ./cvpkgadd. Make sure the package that you extracted has all the 777 permissions, otherwise you can give the permissions before extraction as well with the command chmod 777 -R packagename 

After the installation, you can simply follow the above steps.  While installation you can give the default steps or you can manually specify the paths. If you are converting an existing server, you can run simpana status and can find out the commvault paths. 

To answer your last query, yes, the script is already present in the Commvault paths, you just have to run it using ./ 

How to start stop Commvault services: 

simpana stop

simpana start 

Hope that simplifies and answers your query. 

Best,

Rajiv Singal

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Beginner

Point 4: You need to go to the path and edit the file with the editor you are mostly friendly with. (/etc/CommVaultRegistry/Galaxy/Instance001/Session/.properties).

Best Regards,

Sebastien

Badge +1

Hello @Beginner 

You should create a new Linux server or if you have an existing Linux machine with just FS packages installed on it, you can add VSA and Media Agent package to it. Otherwise create a new Linix machine and then you can simply install FS, FS core, MA, VSA package. Installation is simple, you can download the packages from support site, place it on the machine, extract it and then run ./cvpkgadd. Make sure the package that you extracted has all the 777 permissions, otherwise you can give the permissions before extraction as well with the command chmod 777 -R packagename 

After the installation, you can simply follow the above steps.  While installation you can give the default steps or you can manually specify the paths. If you are converting an existing server, you can run simpana status and can find out the commvault paths. 

To answer your last query, yes, the script is already present in the Commvault paths, you just have to run it using ./ 

How to start stop Commvault services: 

simpana stop

simpana start 

Hope that simplifies and answers your query. 

Best,

Rajiv Singal

@Rajiv 

Thank you somuch for your valuable information. Just to confirm I am asking should I install packages(FS/FScore/ vsa/ma)on read only mode...?

Badge +1

@Beginner

Point 4: You need to go to the path and edit the file with the editor you are mostly friendly with. (/etc/CommVaultRegistry/Galaxy/Instance001/Session/.properties).

Best Regards,

Sebastien

@ Thank you