Skip to main content
Solved

inquiry regarding index server and webconsole:

• 20 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi dears,

• I have some inquiries regarding index server and webconsoles hardware refresh.
    I have an index server consists of 1 node
    Need to migrate it to a new hardware with recent OS version and wi add another node for the redundancy.
    What is the best approach? 
    follow the hardware refresh proccess for the index server then add the newer node
    - or add another node to the index server then perform loadbalance task to move the index data to the other node then remove the old node? 
  • - or add 2 new nodes to the index servers then remove the old node which will run an auto scale task and move the data to the new nodes?

Q2. I have 2 webconsole  with tomcat ssl cert applied on the servers , need to migrate the webconsoles to a newer hardware with recent OS.

What is the best and easiest approach to perform this activity?

This is a production email archiving environment.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Mansour_Nour ,

For you Index Server I would follow this link:

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/index_servers.html

Depending on your environment I would recommend at least 2 Index Servers.

For your Webconsole I would install two new servers and follow this link:

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/configuring_ssl_certificate_for_tomcat_server.html

Best Regards,

Sebastien

Badge +4

hi @Sebastien Merluzzi 

thank you for the response. 

regarding the webconsoles i have performed in place upgrade and everything went well. 

for the index server, the link that you have shared is the general index server article. 

could you elaborate more ?

Fyki, the index server is with the mediaagent role on the same server 

we need to migrate the index server to a new one without reindexing the whole data, which will cost us more than 10 days with the service down.

Badge +4

Hello, 

for web consoles i did an in-place OS upgrade it was smooth and successful

for the index servers, i created new index servers and initiated index reconstruction, once it finish i applied the index server on the client, it did not cost us any downtime.