Solved

Is it safe to delete the OneTouch folder?

• 14 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Does anyone know if it’s safe to delete the “OneTouch” folder (or just it’s contents) from a Windows CommVault agent installation? One of our servers is running low on space and I can see that the OneTouch folder is occupying over 4GB. It contains over 1,200 old folders, and every folder contains these three files:

• DiskShadowOutputSource.txt
  • DiskshadowScript.txt
  • ExportedFirewallConfig.wfw

I’ve searched online and couldn’t find any references to the OneTouch folder or the above files, so I’m unsure if these are safe to get rid of. 

Also, it would be good to know why these folders are generated, and if they’re only temporary, why doesn’t CommVault delete them automatically? Should I create a Scheduled Task to delete these folders on a regular basis?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Alireza B 14 June 2022, 05:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi. What's the service pack on the Client side? There is a known issue around SP11 and 12 where auto clean up was skipping these folders but on more recent ones I'm expecting them to be removed by system and yes you can safely delete them!

Badge +1

Hi. What's the service pack on the Client side? There is a known issue around SP11 and 12 where auto clean up was skipping these folders but on more recent ones I'm expecting them to be removed by system and yes you can safely delete them!

Hi, it’s 11.0 SP10, so I guess this is a known bug. But thanks for confirming that it’s safe to delete them!