Solved

Job Results subfolder fills up drive

• 13 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

We have a Sharepoint development server that seems to have filled up the c:\ drive, due to a subfolder in the jobresults directory filling up with about 145k files and 230GB or so of data, most of it from the 09’th and 10’th of December (so a couple of days ago) 

I’ve tried to set the “prune job results” to 1 day, and restarted the services, also tried to trigger a backup job manually in an attempt to get commvault to clean up the jobresults directory, but no such luck.

So i guess the question is, can i safely manually delete files and folder in inside the job results folder ?

Specificly ..\jobresults\CV_Jobresults\iDataAgent\MS Sharepoint Doc Agent\2\1822\<some ID-string> folder, which is the one that contains 146505 files from the 09.12 and 10.12

icon

Best answer by Scott Reynolds 13 December 2022, 17:28

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @Bjorn M 

Yes it should be safe to delete or even better just move it somewhere else until you confirm some backups complete, etc. The Sharepoint agent stages data to the jobresults then deletes it as it goes. There could have been a backup that the process was terminated without being able to complete the cleanup operation of the files in the jobresults.

Recommended sizing for job results

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/6599_job_results_directory_disk_space_calculation.html

Noted that in latest version of V2 SharePoint agent we reduced the space requirement.