Skip to main content

we will have about 400 users to be added w/ Microsoft 365 F1 licenses, would CV still assign/consume licenses if mailbox, sharepoint, onedrive and team are disabled?

the main purpose of MS 365 licenses is for authentication which require by an application.

thank you.

Hi @benv,

Need to check on this … let me see if I can find out

thanks @Damian Andre appreciate your reply.

@benv , check this out:

MSFT consumes a license for user mailboxes but for shared mailboxes they don’t. Similarly we consume license only for user mailboxes which are licensed by Microsoft.

All other types of mailboxes will not be included.

thanks @Mike Struening for the reply.

yes, ive seen the behavior currently where # of MBs being backed up are higher than CV consumed licensed due to shared and group MBs.

my inquiry specifically around an account w/ MSFT license assigned in this case F1 But no mailbox, SPO, onedrive and teams service/operations, these feature will be all disabled. Since they will be visible on 365 tenants, will CV still see this as active account and consume CV license?

These accounts will be used for application authentication only.

thanks again.

@benv , I heard back from development:

For Exchange/OD/Teams if the service is disabled we won’t consume license on Commvault side, either.

In case of sharepoint please find the documented link https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/125430_office_365_sharepoint_in_usage_calculation.html

If the user enabled with sharepoint service then we will count against commvault license.

To know how the SharePoint users which will be considered can be identified using below powershell command.

Get-MsolUser -All " + " | where {($_.isLicensed -eq \"True\")} | where {$_.Licenses.ServiceStatus | where {($_.ServicePlan.ServiceType -eq \"SharePoint\") -and ($_.Provisioningstatus -eq \"Success\")}}

Let me know if that helps!

thanks @Mike Struening