Skip to main content

We’re trying to install commvault client on RHEL in /opt/hds directory for compatibility reasons.
instead it installs in /opt/hds/commvault

I have tried dirty tricks with sed and config files in /etc/CommVaultRegistry but nothing worked so far.

Any idea how to force it to install to /opt/hds ?

HI @Alex.Diamantopulo ,

Wherever you specify, for Windows and Linux, the install will stick a 'commvault' on the end, so how about make /opt/commvault a soft-link to /opt/hds and then specify /opt as the install location(?)

Best Regards,

Sebastien

Another approach would simply be the opposite of what I have suggested above and install anywhere, then soft-link /opt/hds to the new install location.

Thank you Sebastien, this is what we tried, testing to see if our client could work with it.
It would be great if we could change that hardcoded base directory though.

Hi @Alex.Diamantopulo ,

I understand. You can raise a CMR and Development will check if this is valid and possible.

Best Regards,

Sebastien

This /opt/hds/ comes from a former usage of Hitachi OEM installed Commvault products.
Why not create a new installer package based on this selection:

This will use the location needed by default:

Just validated the install on a Commcell which is not OEM Hitachi and this works.

The only downside as far as I can see is that you need to upload and install the agent manually on the client as your software cache won’t push the installer with the Hitachi OEM attribute selected.