Question

Login to command center

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

We have migrated Commserve on new hardware. Now simpana version is 11.28.68 .
It seems to be ok.
When I open Commcell Console I see “Login with Command Center”

What does mean?

I do not know is this related with Commvault Cloud
https://cloud.commvault.com/home/   I´m already member….

Best regards,
Elizabeta

13 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@elizabeta ,

If you are already a member it won’t be any issue.

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/3831_opening_stand_alone_commcell_console.html

1. Do any one of the following:

• To log on with basic authentication, do the following:

1. In the User Name or Email box, enter the user name or the email address associated with your CommCell account.

2. In the Password box, enter the password for your CommCell account.

3. In the CommCell box, enter the name of the CommCell environment that you want to connect to.

4. Click OK.

• To log on with a browser when modern authentication protocol (such as SAML or Okta) is configured in your CommCell environment, do the following:

1. In the CommCell box, enter the name of the CommCell environment that you want to connect to.

2. Click Login with command center.

The login page for the Command Center appears in a browser. If there is an active login session, the browser automatically signs you in.

3. In the User Name or Email box, enter the user name or the email address associated with your CommCell account, and then click Continue.

4. In the Password box, enter the password for your CommCell account.

If additional authentication options (such as PIN or security key) appear, follow the instructions.

The CommCell Console appears.

It is another way to directly login to your CommCell Console.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@elizabeta ,

SAML user account login to the Commcell console(Modern authentication) was not supported in the previous platform releases and it is enabled from Commvault Platform Release 28 onwards.

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/essential/147611_new_features_for_commcell_management_in_commvault_platform_release_2022e.html

-> Upgrading to Platform Release 28 will give an option "Login with command center" in the Commcell console login window.

-> When "Login with command center" option is selected, it will navigate to the command center to perform SAML authentication, then a prompt occurs to close the browser.

-> This will allow the SAML authentication possible with the Commcell console.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

Thank you for your answers! I connected successfully to Command Center, but

I don't see any data, any jobs, I only see two servers being backed up.

Do I need to do something extra to see all clients, all jobs?

Best regards,
Elizabeta

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hello @elizabeta

How many servers you have in total? If there are more than 2, It could also mean that you user does not have enough privilege. 

Can you try login with default admin user and see if you are able to see all the expected information?

Best,

Rajiv Singal

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

We have cca 50 servers. I connected with sub-account of my parent account Commvault.

I will try to connect with another user, maybe a parent account.

Best regards,
Elizabeta

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hello @elizabeta 

Did the login with other user worked for you?

Best,

Rajiv Singal

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

I can not login at all with other user (another sub-account).

Br,
Elizabeta

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

I have succesufully loged in commvault center but I must enter this data

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Just one question, what is Registration Code??

I know ComCell ID, and Serial Number …

Do I have to register to Commvault command center for the first time to see all devices in my CommCell ID?

Best regards,
Elizabeta

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Elizabeta,

The Registration Code can be found under the Licensing and Registration page;

The Command Center is an Administrative Console with similar functionality to the Commcell Console but Web based, you will not need to register to see the devices within your particular Cell.

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/essential/103135_command_center_interface.html

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

@Javier thank you for your answer.

I have another question… When I logged into CommCell Console and click on SLA Status, this opened..

Do i have to enter this information, storage pool? 

Best regards,
Elizabeta

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

HI Elizabeta,

That is the Core Setup Wizard, which suggests the Command Center has never been used before.

You can either proceed with the configuration’;

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/essential/86625_quick_start_guide.html#b86638_step_3_complete_core_setup_wizard

Or skip it by pressing the button;

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

@Javier thank you very much for your answer.

Best regards,
Elizabeta