Skip to main content

Hello team

We’re going to replace the on-premises disk library that use for 2nd copies  with a new immutable container that created in Azure Blob 

if it’s possible to migrate old data(dash copies) that currently store on the on-premises disk to this new immutable container by creating a new copy that takes the old 2nd copy as source and destination points to this new immu container  for two scenarios :

• 2nd copy with mixed retentions
  • 2nd copies have the same retention

#1 If yes, once migration complete, can we run CV workflow to convert it to CV Worm storage lib or we should config the new cv lib to worm before migrate data?

#2 More concern about the dash copies with mixed retention and data will not get aged until all jobs meet retention, should group copies with same retention into a dedicated immutable containers first?

#3 Once all set (data migrate to this new immu storage and convert to worm mode in CV), does subsequence 2nd copies will continue running into this new immu storage or we have to wait until DDB sealed and new one get created ?

@Mike Struening  thanks

I’m not sure why should use wfs live sync for this.

We’re going to replace the on-premises disk library that used to store our 2nd copies  with a new immutable container that created in Azure Blob 

@DanC , my apologies!  That was a reply meant for another thread.

I have someone who will reply here shortly.

Hello @DanC 

You can create a new aux copy using the disk copy as the source. Once the data is copied over you can delete the disk library copy if you want. The best way to accomplish this would be to:

• Setup a new Bucket, Library, and Storage Pool
  • Create a new Copy and associate it to the new Storage Pool
  • Enable WORM on the Storage Pool via the Workflow
  • Run the aux copy

Configuring a Cloud Network Storage Pool - https://documentation.commvault.com/11.26/expert/9110_configuring_cloud_network_storage_pool.html

Configuring WORM Storage Mode on Cloud Storage - https://documentation.commvault.com/11.26/expert/9251_configuring_worm_storage_mode_on_cloud_storage.html

Thank you,
Collin

@Collin Harper, Mike Struening

thank you very much

That’s all @Collin Harper .  Colin=King in my book.