Solved

modify quicklook button exchange

• 15 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

is it possible if we modify quicklook button on body email, after we do an archive and cleanup job on exhcange mailbox ? 

icon

Best answer by Sujay kumar 23 January 2024, 13:47

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Tyo 

Just to clarify, you want to remove the quick look icon after it’s already been set on the message?

Regards,

Chris 

Badge +2

Hello @Chris Hollis ..

no, not remove,, but we want to modify that quicklook button word to “Your email has been archived” or maybe add this information (Your email has been archived) on email body .. is it possible ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Tyo 

I’ve searched far and wide and I cannot find any way in which we can modify the button / wording of ‘quick look’ (officially). We also have several procedural references to the wording ‘quick look’ therefore I find it unlikely that this definition is editable. 

For example: https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/recalling_archived_message_using_universal_access.html

The following article also doesn’t mention any ability to edit or configure either: 

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/configuration_outlook_web_app_owa_administrator_01.html

I’d expect us to document it here if we could. 

Regarding modifying the message body to state ‘your email has been archived’, this would cause data integrity issues/concerns as we are modifying the properties of a message which we cannot do. 

Mind confirming for me what the actual issue is here? 

If you wanted users to be able to easily identify if a message is stubbed or not, if using the outlook app itself (not OWA), you can suggest adding a message column called ‘message class’ as a default column.

Any messages that have been archived (stubbed) show as a message class ‘IPM.Note.Commvault.Galaxy.Stub’.

Regards,

Chris

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Tyo 
updating thread so that you can resolve this
support provided additional setting for modifying the text on “quick look” button for new stubs on support incident raised post checking with engineering team internally.

Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Sujay kumar 

Mind sharing with the community what this additional setting is?

Are we allowed to use it without escalation? 

Thanks,

Chris 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Chris Hollis 

Yes, Additional setting shared requires development team approval for sharing.

so, we need to confirm with the team before sharing and currently it applies only on new stubs not for existing stubs. 

Badge +2

thanks for your support @Sujay kumar … customer accpeted with those customization.. 😁