Skip to main content
Question

modify start date of backup frequency in a plan or sub-plan ?

• 4 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello,
is there a reliable option available in CommandCenter when adding backup frequency to a Plan ?
I’m trying to migrate from Schedule Policies and Storage Policies to (Base)Plans and SubPlans

Start Date for a Backup Frequency cannot be defined

e.g. :

SynFull backup, repeat every 4 weeks, start on 2024-01-01

SynFull backup, repeat every 4 weeks, start on 2024-01-08

SynFull backup, repeat every 4 weeks, start on 2024-01-15

Full backup, repeat every 4 weeks, start on 2024-01-22

To generate a real Full backup every 4 weeks and use a different start date for the full in another plans

Plan –>  RPO backup frequency can be created, but schedule start times need to be modified through JavaGUI

! Modifying a Plan –> RPO backup Frequency Value in CommandCenter, resets the start time to the current date !

rgds
Klaus

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@johanningk ,

I am afraid there is no way currently to make the changes that you are looking for in Command Center. Also are those synthentic fulls patterns for one schedule policy?

Regards,

Edward J Holowienka

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

@HolowEd ,

if you have another trick to create a schedule policy (sorry: sub plan), that runs a real full every 4 weeks and a synFull the weeks between fulls, that’ll be fine.

furthermore, I’d like to leverage the real full for my subclients across the 4 weeks.

result should run a real full backup aprx. 1/4 of the given subclients (sorry: VM Groups) each weekend, while the rest is running synfull.

In this environment the only way to create a real full within the given backup windows.

This requires to define the starttime for a schedule (sorry: backup frequency)
In the end all backups will address the same storage policy (sorry: base plan without defined backup frequency)

rgds,

Klaus

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@johanningk ,

If you go to the derived plan to the RPO Tile. Click on Add next to Backup frequency.

That will bring up the Add backup Frequency window. 1. Change Backup type to Full, 2. Set the Frequency for how often to run the backups, 3. select when to run the backups. Then click on Save. 

Then when you check the schedule policy you will see the Full backup scheduled.

There is nothing that can be done about when to start from command Center.

Regards,

Edward J Holowienka

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

@HolowEd ,

the above pictures, show how to create a 4 weekly full. correct.

and can you show me how to run a Synfull on the 3 sundays in between.

and

can you show me how to create a backup frequency, the runs a full backup on the sunday, following the one just created, in another sub plan ?

if you can provide information how to achieve this, I’d be able to move from classical schedule policies and storage policies to plans.

If not, I’m missing a lot of flexibility in plans vs. schedule policies.

and using a monthly schedule instead, does not solve this, since a month can have 5 sundays, which will not create a 4 weekly (28days) schedule

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@johanningk ,

At this point in time there is no way to replicate what you are looking to do in plans.

Regards,

Edward J Holowienka