Skip to main content
Solved

Moving eDiscovery to another media agent

• 19 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I’m new to commvault so sorry if my question seems pretty ignorant. 

But we have Email Journaling/eDiscovery - but i’d like to move it to another media agent. I’s like to keep the index server and everything else in place..but just change the storage policy to point to a new media agent.

Would it be best to just create a new storage policy and assign the media agent to the new policy or is there a way to just change the media agent on the ediscovery job?

Thank you

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @ms06 

Since you are new I am assuming this is v2 mailbox agent. The specific media agent can be changed in the storage policy via data paths.

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.26/expert/10941_change_data_path_overview.html

You could create a new Storage policy but its not needed since you noted the index server etc will all remain the same then the media agent is just the data mover and it should not matter. As long as the new media agent still has access to the storage library so you can restore those previous backups.

Badge +1

Hi @Scott Reynolds - thanks for the quick reply, greatly appreciated. 

I first tried to change the data path on the storage policy but the option for me was greyed out. Any idea why that might be?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

You have to add a new path first, this would be the new MA and library (same or different) then you should be able to change