Skip to main content
Question

Multi-Factor Authentication - Commvault Support Portal

• 26 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Recently, for a brief period, multi-factor authentication was required when logging into Commvault sites (Maintenance Advantage / Support Portal, Expert Documentation, etc). 

Is there any way to have that re-enabled for the Maintenance Advantage / Support Portal? 

It would be great if Expert Documentation didn't required MFA, it would be even better if Expert Documentation didn't require authentication at all.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Looks like I just needed to be a little more patient:

Questions and troubleshooting information for Commvault Account Two-Factor authenitication (2FA)

The point regarding Expert Documentation stands, though. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Erase4ndReuseMedia,

Yes we had to make a few tweaks to the MFA system based on feedback, and it is rolling out again this week. Point taken on the Expert Docs - we made a change a few months ago where expert docs were not included in the search results unless you were logged in. They are now included but require authentication when you click the link.

There is an extensive roadmap on improving documentation in general, and I know this has been raised. I’ll throw your feedback in the ring there.

Appreciate the feedback!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Thanks @Damian Andre 

I would love the understand the reasoning behind locking away Expert Documentation, if you can share?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Also…

Please support the use of copy / paste for the verification code.