Skip to main content

Hello Commvault Community,

I want to ask you and ask for help on overwriting the Oracle database.

A daily schedule is created to overwrite the Oracle databases from "abc.PROD." to "abc.TEST".

The process is correct, but after the operation is completed, the overwritten database often remains in the "STARTED" instead of "OPEN" mode. We can raise it to the "OPEN" state and the situation is ok. Repeating the overwrite operation is also always correct and the database is available.

Are we able to somehow change the configuration so that the database is always in the OPEN state, and not STARTED, after the overwriting task is completed? Tasks end with the status "Completed with errors".

Error Code: o19: 1336] Description: Oracle Restore tFailed to execute the create controlfile script. Please run this script rshutdown immediate; startup nomount; @ '/ opt / commvault / Base / Temp // CreateControlFileScript_1645579842.sql'; exit; ] manually again from sqlplus, open the database with resetlogs and change the id using nid.] Source: xyz, Process: ClOraAgent

Thanks&Regards,
Kamil

Hi @Kamil,

You are using a Cross SID restore type where we create the controlfile & rename the DB name using oracle tools like NID. The above error is while recreating the control file which could fails due to various environmental issues.

Please look at the oracle Alert log to check why it failed to recreate the controlfile

Regards,

Gowri Shankar

Hi @Gowri Shankar ,

Thanks for your suggestion.

In the logs I found information about a problem with executing scripts on the Oracle database, I suspect that there was a problem there.

Let us consider this thread completed.

Regards,
Kamil