Skip to main content

Curious as the documentation around enabling or requiring passkeys for restores seems to all be for MSP, multi-company CommCells. But the Security Assessment report “recommends” enabling this and apparently doesn’t distinguish.

So I thought “self, let’s do this” which turns into a series of rabbit holes: Can’t just require Passkey for restores, it says “ Operation failed. Admin has not allowed users to set passkey.” I didn’t really want to make this overly complex but this appears to be by design. Conceptually I think the workflow requiring authorization to do a restore makes more sense, masters get to bypass this authorization requirement though if reading it correctly.

Hi @downhill 

The error most likely is thrown because the global CommCell setting hasn't been enabled:

From the Command Center navigation pane, go to Manage > CommCell.

The CommCell properties page appears.

In the Passkey section, move the Allow users to enable passkey toggle key to the right.

Is this also the case here or is this setting already enabled?

uggh, yes, it is that simple. Well this one could be deleted. I seem to recall the prompt implying this was a much more involved endeavor, but both of those are all that’s needed.

thanks @Jos Meijer 

arrgh, uh, ok, problem is real- in fact, if I didn’t have 3 CommCells I couldn’t prove this.

11.26.31 - it is as simple as noted, slide “Allow Users to enable passkey” to enable, enable Require Passkey blah. Done. I was trying this in a recently updated cell….

In BOTH CommCells running 11.28.21 boo, nope. It says “Operation failed. Admin has not allowed users to set passkey.”. But this is after sliding that option. Hrm…??