Solved

Problems with emailed Backup Job Summary Report after 11.32.35 upgrade

• 15 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hello everyone,

I have my CommVault installation configured to email me a Backup Job Summary Report every morning at 8:00 AM.  This has been working perfectly for the past 5 years.  Last week I upgraded from 11.30.80 to 11.32.35 and I still get the 8:00 AM emails but weirdly I’m not able to open them.  Outlook just seems to spin and spin even though the size of the email isn’t any larger than it was under 11.30.80.  

[Edit] I can run the CommVault Console and generate a Backup Job Summary Report and it works perfectly fine.  It seems to be a problem specific to the emailed version. [/Edit]

Is anyone else having issues with being unable to open emailed reports?

Ken

icon

Best answer by Ken_H 17 January 2024, 17:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Ken_H 

So other reports (if any) are coming thru OK? just backup job summary reports are now problematic?

If you open outlook in safe mode does it still happen? Or OWA? (if using the outlook app).

It probably is something in CV that is problematic but I just want to rule out an outlook issue first and foremost.

Regards,​​​​​​​

Chris 

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hello @Chris Hollis,

The daily Storage Information Report and the Administrative Job Summary Report both work normally.  I tried opening the Backup Job Summary Report using Office.com and it opens normally.  So the problem is that one report in Outlook.  I’ve tried switching to the “New Outlook” and the report works there also.  So strange that I can open that email everywhere but regular outlook.

Ken

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

For future reference:  The report has an option to include the output either in-line or as an attachment.  I’ve switched to having the output as an attachment and am now able to read the daily reports.  It’s not clear if this is a CommVault problem or a Microsoft problem but the “as attachment” is a viable workaround.  

I’ll mark this comment as the solution.

Ken

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Just for reference in case anyone else has this problem:  The Job Summary report from the Java CommCell Console was deprecated, so you will need to move to the Command Center Web version.

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/essential/changes_in_commvault_platform_release_2023.html

For me, the Command Center report didn’t work so I opened up ticket 240115-659 and we eventually determined that I needed a hotfix for my installation.  I downloaded and installed v11SP32_Available_HotFix9873_WinX64.exe onto both my CommCell host and my web server and the web version of the Job Summary Report began to work.