Skip to main content

we have implemented hsx and created aux copy to current storage policies and copied all the data , now we also have other aux copies for the same storage policy to tape, 

all the jobs is copied to HSX copy, but tape aux jobs are running , 

i have disabled the schedule and waiting for the jobs to finish, 

can i change the primary copy to hsx once the aux copy is finished, please note that they are qualified aux jobs for tapes copy with status to be copied , will this be copied from primary hsx after cutover, 

what is the recommended way ,

do i need to change the tape aux copy source copy to primary hsx ? 

@Ajal ,

You will need to make sure all of the jobs that are currently marked as “To Be Copied” in the tape copy have been copied before converting the the hsx copy to primary. 

If you do not want to wait, you can Kill the running aux copy to tape. The delete all of the “To Be Copied” and “Partially copied” Jobs.

Then promote the copy. After the copy is promoted, View the jobs on the tape copy, click on the Advanced button and check “Jobs that will not be copied”

Click on Ok, then uncheck time frame and click on Ok to view the jobs. You will see jobs with a red circle and white x in it that start “Not Selected”, right click on them and click on the option “Pick For Copy”. Once that is done run the aux copy job.

Regards.

Edward J Holowienka